Wednesday 11 January 2012

Flaked out

Summer is here. Very very seriously here. Like, you can’t go outside, it’s so here. I love summer, the desert dweller in me feels in my element (minus the DC humidity). I also love cooking in the summer. And I love porches. And cava. And summer nights.

All of those things came together at this very simple but incredibly satisfying meal with Jason Hibner, who is by the way, killing all of the rest of you in the race to make the most meals with me.

But, before you look at pretty pictures (as if anyone actually reads the words I put on this page), here’s a preview about two things that are going to be coming up on here this summer:

One, I’ve received this request from Nefertiti Frankenstein: “Can u do a post on ivygourmet detailing what a basic kitchen needs. like a primer in being a fly cook. a starter’s guide with utensil and tools and spices n shit.” So, this is a great idea, and although many better foodblogs have done this before me, I will do it very soon, so keep an eye out.

Secondly, for months (if not years) there has been talk about doing cooking shorts to put up here (and on youtube). The summer is the time to do it (a tan, natural light, and gorgeous produce). If you are interested, I am also looking for a gorgeous producer, someone with a flipcam, someone with a kitchen island, and a sancho panza. Not necessarily in that order, and one person can be more than one of those things. Write me or leave a comment. Winners get to eat the meal produced while shooting.

Anyways, back to my meal with JRH. The fish flaked out on us, but it was delicious nonetheless. It was just seared with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon.



This second picture is an example of some photoshop experiments I’ve been doing lately– looks sorta like summer of 1974. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment